Thursday, October 4, 2007

Plan of Attack for Blog 2

Hi all, After much reading for my second blog, I have finally planned how I will be approaching my topic which I have posted below. It is just a rough outline at the moment encompassing what I currently think the essay should entail. As I begin writing it, I may find that it flows better by placing items in a different order, and as I further research the topic I am sure I will find a few more things which should be included, which I will add and update you all on my progress. If anyone else can think of anything else I should include please just let me know!

Introduction

What is Family Systems Theory?

-Definition

-Who devised this theory?

-What this theory based upon?

-Why is this theory considered effective in providing an overview of family connections?

Research supporting the effectiveness of Family Systems Theory

-What research has been conducted regarding family systems theory?

-Is family systems theory still supported today? Why?

Connections between Family Systems Theory and Social Psychology

-Interactions

-Social networking

-Familiarity / Similarity

-Interpersonal relations

-Need to belong -Reciprocity

-Propinquity

-Availability of family members

-Minimal chance of social exclusion and rejection = Acceptance

*Including research on the connection of each one

Conclusion

References

Appendix A

2 comments:

James Neill said...

This looks to me like an excellent plan - it covers theory, research, and integration with social psychology.

I like the way you've organised the initial part, in particular, as questions.

A challenge might be covering the first half in a short enough space that you give yourself enough room for the second part, i.e., connecting it with social psychology. Some connections, however, could also be made in the initial description of FST.

A concept map is optional for Blog 2, but could help to summarise your ideas.

Unknown said...

Hi
This is a good platform to express our views.We can exchange our thoughts with others.This helps a lot in our development and improves our IQ level.
=======================
psusane
www.getinforum.com